Camp Rules for Yoga Retreat June 8th-10th, 2018
Where the retreat is being held, is ran by people who lease from the State of Michigan. You must agree to comply with the rules to attend the retreat. Here are their rules:
Hi all ,
•'The Rules'' are for our camp. The State of Michigan has
laid out some very plain rules that must be enforced. I could lose m y lease if n ot, so these rules are not negotiable:
1. Abide by all the laws of the State of Michigan.
2. No Smoking in any building at any time! (I believe the current law in the State of Michigan enforces a ban on smoking on any State property, and yes. even though I hold the lease. thi s i s State Proper ty).
3. No dogs or other anima l s are a ll owed in an y of the buildings at any time. I f you bring your pet it will have to be under your direct control at all times (on a leash) and chained or crated outside at night. It would make your vacat i on, and the vacation of those around yo u more pleasurable if yo u made ar rangements to ha ve yo ur pet cared for at home whi le you are here.
4. Exceptions to rule 3: Personal service dogs/animals (seeing eye dog etc.). Dogs/animals used in presentations for educational purposes.
5. No tent or RV camping.
6. No motorized vehicles beyond the parkin g lot.
7. No high current appliances in the cabins (hot plates, heaters, air conditioners, refrigerators etc.). The electrical circuits in the cabins are designed for a 10 amp load ( 1200 watts). T h ey are intended for a small window fan, radios, clocks etc. I f you over load a cabin 's circuit it will blow a fuse.
8. o cooking in the cabins.
9. No candles, oil l amps or other sources of flame or intense heat in the cabins.
10. You wi II n ot display or sell any pictures. books, magazines or ot her products that are not approved by the Department Representative (the man who enforces my lea se).
11. No fireworks, firearms, air gu n s, s ling shots or bows and arrows not patt of a program or class. The
exception to this i s during the September 15 through March 31 hunting season , when hu nte(those with valid hunting licenses) may legally possess firearms within the camp. No Hunting Within The Camp .
12. Alcohol. You are allowed to bring your own alcohol for your own personal con su mpti on in 1noderation. Drunk and /or disorderly persons will not be tolerated and wi ll be asked to vacate the premises.
OK already! Enough of the State rules! Here are our rules:
1 . Respect your fellow campers. They are on vacation too!
2. Do not remove the Dining Hall tables and benches from the Dining Hall.
3. Respect the Outdoor Center Property. Please leave it as yo u found it so the next user can enjoy it as much as you did! . If yo u accidentally broke something please come and tell me. I won•t bite you . I just want to repair it as soon as possible.
4. Use common sense. If it doesn't seem right, it probably isn 't!!!
5. You're on VACATION!!! Have FUN
Rick and Mary